Now there is tea all over the bathroom!
The other day standing in the bathroom naked I looked at my body and said to myself “I look exactly the same as when I was obese just now on smaller scale” I was going to finish with saying “except now I can move more and am healthier” but Mike spewed his sweet tea out his nose and across the bathroom before I finished.
While some may consider it not being body positive it’s pretty accurate. I have wrinkles I have rolls. I have saggy boobs and a loose skin butt and you cant see the muscle I’ve built.
I’m healthier. I’m happier. I have more freedom. Most importantly I have my life back from my addiction to food.
My body may resemble my old lifestyle choices but I feel like a whole new person.
I’m choosing to keep my loose skin and dont plan on changing my mind anytime soon but it got me thinking…if you could wave a wand and magically become healthier but your appearance to others remained unchanged how many people would bother? Or would they keep focusing on changing their appearance rather than choosing the magically improved health.
I have a feeling more people then I’d like to see would keep searching to change their appearance instead of choosing their health.
I hope by sharing my story embracing my natural body and choosing to love myself as I am all along more people will find the courage to love themselves to better health instead of hating themselves through a diet.
Maybe I’m crazy but at least I’m happy 🤷♀️
- I’m not THAT brave…In General, Mental Health, Motivation, Self CareMarch 17, 2021
- March NewsletterIn Dinner, Food, GeneralFebruary 26, 2021
- Ground Turkey and Veggie SkilletIn Dinner, Food, GeneralFebruary 25, 2021
- Self love is 1 size fits all…In General, Mental Health, Motivation, Self CareFebruary 23, 2021
- This is what I’m good at…In General, Mental Health, Motivation, Self CareFebruary 23, 2021
Looking for a group speaker?
Contact me directly to inquire about public speaking events!